23rd Annual Downtown Ithaca Chili Cook-Off
Safe & Socially Distant Deliciousness
February 12-28, 2021 Inside restaurants & Takeout
Support eateries and judge their chili from the comfort of your own home and pick your favorite(s) to be awarded the grand prize of bragging rights. And a trophy.
This year, the socially distant Chili Cook-Off allows for dozens of chilis prepared by restaurants across the region to be tested as the competition heats up for the titles of Best Meat Chili, Best Vegetarian/Vegan Chili, Best Chili Inspired Item, and The People’s Choice Chili.
Those who want to taste (and judge) the chilis of the Chili Cook-Off will need to visit the participating restaurants of their choice to order a cup o' chili, or featured chili item. Please check with each participating location about their hours and availability.
See the list of this year's competitors below!
Self-appointed judges (anyone and everyone who tries a chili!) are also encouraged to snap photos of their tasting experience & post to Facebook/Instagram with the hashtag #downtownithaca.
Cast your votes at ithaca.com/chili!
2021 Chili Cook-Off Competitors
- Ithaca Ale House - Pork Belly Stout Chili
- Bickering Twins - Ground beef & pork chili w/ Mexican crema & Colby jack cheese.
- Brookton's Market - Meat & Vegan chili bread bowls & chili/cheese calzones
- Cafe Dewitt - Local grass-fed beef chili with organic beans and blended peppers. Garnished with roasted poblano crema, green onions, and house-made fermented hot sauce
- Casablanca Pizza - Chili inspired pizza
- Coltivare - Meat chili
- Covered Bridge Market & Pizzeria - Sausage chili, featuring Gus' Sausage
- Finger Lakes Bakes - Mango compote filled donut w/tajin(chili lime)
- Gorgers - Meat Chili
- Hound and Mare - Classic Brisket Chili w/fire roasted tomatoes, beans, and celery. AND Veggie Chili w/3 bean medley, fire roasted tomatoes, and red peppers. BENTO BOXES AVAILABLE!!!
- Ithaca Beer Co. - Kilcoyne Farms chopped steak chili
- Lou's Kitchen - Hot Dog chili & Veggie chili
- Luna Inspired Street Food - Meat Chili & Thai curry chili
- Mahogany Grill - Texas chili
- Mama Said Hand Pies - Poblano con Queso Hand Pies, Housemade hot sauces, and chili pepper infused truffles
- Monks On the Commons - Loaded beef chili topped w/ chives, sour cream, and cheese. Also cornbread w/maple pecan butter!
- Moosewood - Vegetarian & Vegan chili
- Northstar House - Vegetarian gluten free chili & chili fries
- Nothing Nowhere Cafe - The Chariot, a chocolate and coffee beverage for the spicy end times
- Ooy's Deli - Spicy meat & vegetarian chilies loaded w/ veggies and topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Panera - Signature turkey chili, available in cup, bowl, or bread bowl!
- Shortstop Deli - Chili, creamy mac and cheese, and a combo or the two; Chili-Mac
- Simeon's American Bistro - Chili con Richie & chili inspired cocktails
- Texas Roadhouse Ithaca - Bean-less made from scratch chili featuring filet, strip, sirloin & ribeye. Topped with freshly shredded cheddar and diced red onions. Chili cheese fries too!
- The Bistro At La Tourelle - House recipe white bean turkey chili
- The Seabring Inn / Eat The Foood! - Classic smoked brisket chili slow cooked with secret toasted chili peppers
- Uncle Joe's Grill and Sports Bar - Uncle Joe's Chili featuring House hot sauce
- UrbaN BlendZ - Veggie Chili
- Waffle Frolic - Housemade all natural turkey chili featuring jalapenos and a splash of house roast coffee
People's Choice Best Chili: Taverna Banfi
Best Presentation: Luna Inspired Street Food
Best Meat Chili: Ithaca Ale House
Best Vegetarian/Vegan Chili: Viva Taqueria
Best Beverage: FLX Cider House
Join us this year and help us award the 2021 winners!
Directions & Parking to Downtown Locations
Attendees can park in the Green, Seneca, and Cayuga Street garages, or pay for street parking, and walk to restaurants participating in the Chili Cook-off.
The garages are equipped with accessible parking and elevators.
Don’t want to drive? See TCAT bus routes and schedules here.