With the growing need to adjust service and provide new access points to food during this difficult time, the following special new services were brought aboard to help our local community:
Curbside Farm Food Transfer Hub
Thursdays each week from 3 to 7 pm
Farmers, please join the effort! Press Bay Court is offering its commercial-scale walk-in freezer, cooler and dry storage facilities along with staffing for distribution to make PressBay a farm food hub for Downtown Ithaca. If you can offer online sales, we will receive your goods and facilitate pick up with your prepaid customers, each week.
For additional information, visit http://pressbayalley.com/pressbay-food-transfer-hub or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PressBay Food Pantry
The PressBay Food Transfer Hub will be offering a weekly food pantry with special emphasis on perishable items. They are working with the Friendship Donations Network to provide access to good food to our community. Feel welcome to come by for this free food giveaway every Monday starting April 20th and onward from 3-5 PM at the PressBay Food Hub location 110-1 W Green St, Ithaca between Diamond’s and Ithaca Halal Grocer across from Sunoco
See its Facebook event for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/633286987251390/
Tompkins Home Delivery ~ Catering by Luna offering a full local meal prep delivery service.
- Order before 10 pm for next day delivery of freshly prepared meals all over Tompkins County!
- Plan out your week or month and save 15% with a weekly subscription…Cancel anytime
- Meals are prepared every morning starting bright and early
- Natural & fresh ingredients featuring locally sourced items as available. Never any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Meals are delivered chilled with dry ice in the package.
- You heat up the meal to 160 degrees in the microwave or oven when you’re ready to eat!
- All our meals are delivered in the afternoon or evening to your doorstep
- Our in house catering delivery personnel will follow your delivery instructions including leaving your order at a place of your choosing and texting a picture to confirm where we have left it.
- Please remember that although they will deliver the food chilled it should not be left unattended for long.
- Make a donation and they will provide meals to those in need!
Hilton Garden Inn is making rooms available without charge to doctors, nurses, EMTs, paramedics, and other frontlines medical staff who need a place to sleep, recharge or isolate from their families through May. 31, 2020. Medical Professional Association Partners: Hilton is initially working with 10 associations to provide access to its room donation program, including the American Nurses Association, the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians. These initial associations collectively represent more than 1 million healthcare workers and we look forward to adding more in the coming weeks. To book these rates, first, log into your medical professional association site. You’ll then be directed to our dedicated booking page for the program. For more details, visit www.hilton.com/en/corporate/coronavirus/
Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons is participating in the international Community Caregiver Program. This program provides significant room discounts to healthcare workers and first responders at properties near the hospitals where they work. For more information, visit www.caregivers.marriott.com. The Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons is committed to providing a healthy stay for its guests and a safe workplace for its associates. It has limited its services due to some New York state mandates and to enable its staff to focus on the day-to-day operations of the hotel. Its cleaning, sanitizing, and hygiene protocol are in alignment with what is recommended by the CDC.