The Ithaca Promise is a message and promise of commitment among the following community partners: The City of Ithaca, The Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce, Local First Ithaca, and the Downtown Ithaca Alliance.
The partners worked collaboratively to create the Ithaca Promise. The Ithaca Promise is more than just following guidance to safely reopen, but a dedicated commitment to the process.
The partners recognize that it will take a full community-wide effort to safely reopen our community. It takes participation of the businesses working to ensure they are doing everything they can to conduct business with health and safety of their customers as their primary concern. It also takes participation by customers and the community at large to also follow guidance.
For everyone’s safety as businesses reopen and social activity returns around our community, we ask that we make the following promise to each other.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Businesses are committed to responsibly affirming and following industry reopening guidelines outlined by the State of New York and the Tompkins County Department of Health. These guidelines include:
- PROVIDING FACE MASKS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES and ensuring employees are wearing them properly when serving customers inside their business.
- PRACTICING NEW CLEANING & DISINFECTING PROGRAMS and hygiene standards to provide a clean space with reduced touchpoints & social interactions inside their business.
- MANAGING THE DENSITY OF PEOPLE inside their business and encouraging adequate space for safe social distancing.
- RESPONSIBLY MONITORING THE HEALTH OF EMPLOYEES for the safety of customers and the community.
YOUR PROMISE TO US
Community and customers, help us ensure everyone’s safety by following safety guidance provided by the State of New York and the Tompkins County Department of Health. These include:
- WEARING A PROTECTIVE FACE MASK or face cover inside all places of business and in public areas around the community when & where safe social distance cannot be maintained.
- MAINTAINING SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCE and respecting new capacity policies inside businesses.
- PRACTICING GOOD HYGIENE by washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer where provided by businesses and around the community.
- MONITORING YOUR HEALTH before going out into businesses and public places.
- If you are sick, please respect and ensure the safety of others by staying home.
- Get tested for COVID-19 at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site, 607-319-5708 or CayugaHealthSystem.org